At first glance, the ketogenic diet (or keto) seems like a pretty restrictive way to eat. You can’t have grains, dairy, or fruit for starters. But as it turns out, there’s plenty of food out there that is still delicious and healthy—if you know where to look. Here are 10 recipes that will help you make a delicious keto meal without sacrificing taste or variety:
Super-easy Keto Bread
You’ll love this super-easy Keto Bread, which is the perfect way to satisfy your bread cravings. It’s a crusty, golden loaf that slices and toasts beautifully. This recipe is simple, easy to follow and quick to make. It makes two loaves so you can share one with a friend or family member who needs some Keto help!
Fluffy Keto Pancakes
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth, then add to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes while you preheat your grill pan (or griddle) over medium heat, using a nonstick spray to prevent sticking if needed (I use avocado oil spray).
- Pour batter onto hot griddles using ¼ cup measuring cups or ladles; cook 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown and fluffy! Flipping them over with a spatula is easiest—if they seem too delicate for flipping with tongs, wait another minute before trying again gently with tongs instead of flipping directly on top of them like most recipes suggest doing this way obviously won’t work so well but just keep trying if that doesn’t work either because I’ve found out now too late after eating one half cooked pancake today morning only to realize it was because i didn’t flip properly before putting them back on stove top again after they cooked throughly
Mouthwatering Roasted Portobello French Dip
Portobello mushrooms are a go-to low carb meat substitute for vegans and vegetarians. They’re also just as delicious when you’re following a ketogenic diet. This recipe combines an elegant roasted mushroom with a traditional french dip then tops it with two dipping sauces to make it a complete meal in itself.
- 4 medium portobello mushrooms (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided use
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided use
Delicious Keto Cheeseburger
While you can use any type of meat for this recipe (ground beef, steak, or chicken), we recommend using ground beef. It’s easy to find delicious buns on keto and they’re a great way to get your fiber intake up. In addition, you’ll want to choose cheese that has less than 1g carbs per serving and condiments with no sugar. Finally, choose mayonnaise that has 0g carbs per serving. This will keep the carb count low while still tasting amazing!
Luscious Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1/2 cup almond slivers (used a mix of almonds and walnuts)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1 cup Swerve sweetener or equivalent sweetener of your choice (I used stevia extract)
- 6 eggs
- zest and juice of 1 large lemon (about 2 tablespoons zest, 4 Tbsp juice)
- How to make: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a food processor, pulse the almond slivers until they are finely chopped but not powdery. Add in the melted butter and salt; pulse again until well combined. Add in 1 cup swerve sweetener or equivalent sweetener of your choice; continue processing until combined. Add 6 eggs one at a time through food chute with motor running until fully incorporated into mixture before adding next egg; scrape down sides as needed. Scrape out mixture into pie crust lined dish; bake for 35 minutes or until center is set but not done yet (you will want it underdone so meringue doesn’t brown too early). Remove from oven and allow cooling completely before adding topping(s). Once cooled spread on lemon curd filling evenly over top surface only leaving sides unfilled mixture like you would do when making traditional custard style pie recipes then sprinkle with grated lemon zest & remaining tablespoon lemon juice evenly over entire surface area except edges where filling was poured onto earlier then top off with meringue topping by beating 2 egg whites until stiff peaks form then add 1/4 tsp cream of tartar & beat about 2 more minutes until light yellow color & shiny appearance develops then spread evenly over entire surface area covering entire contents inside dish once again except edges where filling was poured directly onto earlier just as if making traditional custard style pies except this time filling will cool down prior getting covered up by meringue topping which should also
Sizzling Sesame Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- ½ cup sesame oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 large broccoli florets (about 12 ounces) cut into small pieces
- Directions: Heat the oil over medium heat in a wok or large sauté pan. Add the chicken and cook until it begins to brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and continue cooking until fragrant (about 1 minute). Stir in broccoli, then add soy sauce mixture from step 2 plus water if needed to cover vegetables by an inch or two. Pour in sesame seeds and stir until combined with sauce coating vegetables well. Serve immediately with rice or quinoa to balance out some of those carbs!
Godly Garlic Herb Chicken Thighs with Zucchini Noodles
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 4-5)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder (or one small onion, chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the chicken thighs and sprinkle them with some salt and pepper. Let them cook for about 3 minutes before flipping them over. Then cook for another minute on each side until they’re browned all over. Meanwhile we’ll be cutting up our zucchini into noodles!
- 1 medium zucchini (about 7 ounces), spiralized or cut into ribbons using a vegetable peeler or mandolin
Delicious Key Lime Pie Fat Bombs
Key lime pie is one of the most sought after desserts in the world. But if you’re following a keto diet, it can be hard to find a good key lime pie recipe that doesn’t use sugar or other high carb ingredients.
Here are some tips for making your own fat bomb version of this delicious treat:
- Use grass-fed butter instead of coconut oil if possible. Coconut oil has a higher melting point and doesn’t have quite the same taste as butter does. Grass-fed butter will give you more flavor than coconut oil would.
- Use monk fruit sweetener instead of stevia or erythritol (which are both super low in calories). Erythritol has almost no carbs, so it’s fine for keto diets; however, stevia and monk fruit sweeteners contain fewer calories per serving than erythritol does (1g vs 2g), which means that when used sparingly they can help you stay within your daily calorie limits without having any negative impact on your health!
Delightful Keto Tiramisu (without the coffee)
If you’re a fan of tiramisu, then this keto-friendly version is for you. This scrumptious dessert has all of the same flavors and textures as traditional tiramisu, but with none of the caffeine.
The base ingredients are cream cheese and heavy whipping cream—the same ingredients used in many low carb cheesecakes—to create a creamy filling that can be spread evenly across your ladyfingers without worrying about soggy bottoms. The mascarpone cheese will give it a nice fluffy texture while still being rich enough to satisfy any craving for something sweet!
You can even top off this sweet treat with some sugar-free whipped topping if you want to make it even more indulgent (or keep it dairy free).
Savory Salmon in Cheesy Cream Sauce With Asparagus
- 1 lb Asparagus Spears, Trimmed and Cut into 2-inch Pieces
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 6 Ounces Salmon Fillets, Skinless and Cut Into Chunks
- 3 Cloves Garlic; Minced
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
In a small bowl, whisk together butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp; remove bacon from pan with slotted spoon to paper towels. Add olive oil to pan; add asparagus; sauté for 5 minutes or until tender crisp. Remove from pan using slotted spoon to paper towels. To same skillet add half & half (or fat free half & half), cheese sauce mix and salmon chunks (not cooked yet). Cover to cook on low heat for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork at thickest part of fillet . Add cooked bacon pieces back into pan with salmon mixture along with cooked asparagus spears again stir gently so everything is combined well then serve piping hot!
You can make a lot more than just crispy bacon on your keto diet.
As you can see, the ketogenic diet isn’t just about bacon. There are plenty of healthy and delicious recipes that you can make at home with your favorite ingredients. The next time you’re looking to spice up your eating routine (or look forward to something new), follow these simple tips and come back in a week for more!
You don’t have to live on bacon and eggs. There are so many delicious keto recipes out there that make you forget about carbs altogether! We hope you enjoyed our list of 10 keto recipes as much as we did putting it together. Now go forth, eat some delicious food (and maybe even share a few of these with your friends).